How do I sign up for a trip?
You are welcome to try out one or two trips before joining the club.
Our trips are organized by volunteers who are members of the club. If you’re interested in a trip you see on our schedule, contact the leader as soon as possible. Their email or phone number will be listed on trip page. Many trips fill up weeks in advance.
If you can no longer attend, let the leader know as soon as possible so that someone from the waitlist can join.
New trips are shared in our Facebook group when they are posted on our website. Check back often for updates.
In the interest of safety and enjoyment, please:
- Learn about the proposed route and its trip rating. Ask the trip leader if the trip is appropriate for your physical abilities and skills.
- Bring the required gear (ice axe, avalanche beacon, etc).
- Gear can be rented from the club.
- If you are not sure how to use the gear, discuss this with the trip leader in advance. There may be an opportunity for you to learn on the trip — or there may not be. Every trip is different.
- Read the waiver form. You will asked to sign the waiver at the trailhead. Only paid-up members are covered by the Alpine Club of Canada’s liability insurance.
- Advise the leader if you have any relevant medical conditions when registering for the trip. Share this information with the group at the start of the trip.
- Do not bring your dog unless the trip is explicitly described as welcoming dogs.
- Share expenses.
- Respect the decision(s) of the leader.
- Bring the 10 essentials.
Words to live by
The Vancouver Island section has a motto:
1) Come back alive;
2) Come back friends;
3) Respect the land;
4) Have fun;
5) Get to the top.
(In that order)