The 2018 Leadership Stats: Points as of Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2018
The Leader Recognition Program is to recognize and appreciate the contributions of trip leaders to ACC-VI.
The trip leader with the highest number of trip points accumulated between January 1 and December 31st each year, will be eligible to win a fashionable Arc’teryx soft shell jacket embroidered with the ACC logo and top trip leader of that year.
Additionally, the next 3 trip leaders on the score board will be awarded a $100 gift card, and the next 2 a $50 gift card. In 2018, we had the generous support from the three Vancouver Island Valhalla Pure Outfitters stores. (Courtenay, Nanaimo and Victoria.) Each store donated $150 to the Leadership Recognition Program. The ACC-VI sends them a huge thank you for their support this past year! If a leader wins a jacket more than once, we will consider other prizes.
Leader badges for “outdoor trips” will be awarded at the AGM every year. These badges may include the numbers 10, 25, 50, or 75, (cumulative points since Jan 1, 2015).
Trip-points are accumulated in the following way:
- Each trip you lead, will score 1 point per day. For example, if you lead a 3 day alpine trip, you will score 3 points, or a day hiking trip you will score 1 point. Each trip can score a maximum of 5 points. This includes both trip coordinators and camp managers.
- Trips that are coordinated by two trip leaders or a leader and a mentor leader will score full points for each leader. Both leaders have to show up and let the Leadership Recognition Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org, know that there are more than 1 leader.
- If a trip is cancelled, or if no participants sign up, 1/2 of a point is given.
- Socials or evenings events will receive 1/2 of a point.
- Training co-ordinators receive 1/2 of a point for booking training outings from outside sources.
To accumulate points:
- Post trips on the schedule email@example.com . (Scheduler can also provide more info on posting a trip)
- Have these trips take place, including having waivers signed
- Send your waivers in to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Trip points will be posted on the website, under “trips led” only after the waiver is received, by the librarian. No waiver – no points. Points will be reported periodically in the monthly Bushwhacker. In the case of a tie or multiple people with equal points, we will consider trip difficulty or split the prize.