Every year our section is in the fortunate position of being able to budget an amount for donations to organisations that we feel are aligned with our mission.
The executive makes the decisions about the allocation of these funds towards the end of the year. In general, we like to support organisations that have a strong focus on Vancouver Island, including environmental and advocacy groups.
In 2022 the organisations we have chosen to support are as follows:
- Vancouver Island Trail Association
- Federation of Mountain Clubs of British Columbia
- Vancouver Island Marmot Recovery Foundation. (See how you can contribute to this work)
- Strathcona Wilderness Institute
- Ancient Forest Alliance
- Canadian Alpine Journal ACC
Please let us know of organisations you would like us to consider supporting with a donation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.