Course Subsidy Policy (updated June 2019)
ACCVI offers trip leaders a subsidy of 75% of the course cost (to a maximum of $300 per person per year, except for North Face Leadership participants) for attending mountaineering-related courses including those offered by the section, the national ACC, and by mountain schools such as Island Alpine Guides. The subsidy is for course cost only and does not cover accommodation and travel costs. If the applicant receives a discount from the course provider, the subsidy is 75% of the net cost.
The conditions for obtaining a subsidy are as follows:
- The applicant must be a member of the section or of the University of Victoria Student Outdoor Club provided there is a valid partnership agreement in effect.
- The applicant must lead two section trips or organized two significant events within one year of the course. For North Face Leadership course participants, the requirement is three trips or three significant events within a year of the course. The subsidy for the TNF Leadership courses is 75% of the course cost.
The trips and events can be prior to or following each course, and they must be completed prior to applying for a subsidy. The subsidy application must be received within one year of attending the course.
- A trip or event must be posted on the ACCVI website at least one week in advance, and must be attended by at least three people excluding the leader and members of his or her immediate family.
- The applicant must apply to the Treasurer () and provide the following:
- membership number
- a copy of the course receipt
- copies of the trip or event postings, and
- copies of the signed trip waivers with the name and date of the trips and the applicant’s name as leader endorsed on it or, in the case of an event, full details of the event organized.
- The applicant must also have filed electronic copies of the signed trip waivers with the section Librarian/Archivist at .
- The total annual rebate per person is capped at $300 except for North Face Leadership courses, or unless otherwise approved by the Executive Committee.
- The subsidy program is subject to the availability of funds in the education budget and is on a first come, first served basis. Subsidies may be reduced or cancelled by the Executive Committee at any time.