We’re calling this our ‘Soprano Peak Summer Camp’ as we hope to find a suitable base camp close to this peak. We expect to set up camp at about 50°34’32.08″N; 122°17’33.71″W. As usual, the exact location of base camp is determined when the first group flies in. This area offers beautiful alpine terrain for hikers, scramblers, and those who love glacial travel. There are several peaks to summit in the area.
- Week 1: July 17-24 Regular summer camp, Max: 15
- Week 2: July 24-July 31 Regular summer camp, Max: 15
- Week 3: July 31-August 7 Family Week, Max: 20 (see below for details)
- Week 4: August 7–14 Regular summer camp, Max: 15 (depending on demand)
There are three regular weeks of summer camp, with registration open to all ACCVI members, starting with those who live on Vancouver Island and adjacent islands. A week in the alpine with great companions, great food, great hiking, and glaciers!
Again, this year we’re designating the third week for families (no non-family units in Week 3, please). This is for any inter-generational combination: parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle with youth, minimum age 10 years.
Regular summer camp: $700 per person
This includes helicopter flights in and out and full use of the camp facilities (see the Summer Camp Information Guide 2022 for all details on fees).
Family units should pay for adults in full ($700) at the time of registration of the family unit. You will be asked to submit an application if you wish to apply for a bursary for youth members under 19 years of age (see the Summer Camp Family Week Policy).
Travel directions to the staging area will be provided at a later date.
Registration and Payment:
- We are requiring proof of vaccination, for the comfort level of the majority.
- Initial registration is limited to ACCVI-affiliated members with Vancouver Island and adjacent islands home addresses and postal codes. The rationale behind this is that our local members contribute to and manage a host of local programs, whereas more distant, affiliated members are not usually in a position to contribute to these many club activities.
Please refer to the Registration and Camp Fees sections of the Summer Camp Information Guide 2022 for more details on camp registration and refund policies.
- download and complete the Registration Form; save it to your computer with your surname in the filename;
- send an email to email@example.com with the word “registration” in the subject line – include your completed registration form AND a photo or screenshot of your Covid 19 vaccination card.
- submit an e-transfer for $700 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the Information Guide for details.
Each week of the summer camp requires a Camp Manager and possibly an Assistant Camp Manager. If you have an interest in building your leadership skills and working with the camp participants to ensure a successful experience for all, please read the Camp Managers’ Duties document, and contact email@example.com if interested.
Documents and forms: