Date: Sep 14, 2019 to Sep 15, 2019
Time: 12:00 am
Cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
Wild Women trips are open to ALL women (cis and trans), as well as folks who do not identify as a woman but feel that a women’s trip is right for them. This includes trans-feminine, non-binary, Two-Spirit, genderqueer and intersex people.
Let’s do Mt. Baker as a day trip!
Here is a detailed route description of the Easton Glacier. It’s 2,200 meters gain/loss. Mostly moderately sloped with one steep section, the Roman Wall.
We will drive over on Saturday and nap in the parking lot. We will get up later that night and start up the trail around midnight. We will be back at our cars around lunch time and make our way home.
This is shoulder season. The trip could be cancelled due to bad weather, or because the route may no longer go.
Disclaimer: I’ve done two trips to Mt. Baker, but never climbed the Easton Glacier route before.
- Be stoked to wake up around 11:00 pm after a short car nap
- Have no problems hiking steadily for 12-14+ hours with only short breaks
- Recent experience and comfort travelling on steep snow (within the last 6 months)
- Recent experience travelling on glacier as part of a rope team (within the last 2 years)
- Crevasse rescue training. (Willing to practice with someone who is a rusty.)
- Into working together as a team, asking for help when you need it, and offering assistance when you can.
- Mountaineering boots
- Steel crampons
- Ice axe
- Glacier travel gear
- Bright headlamp with fresh batteries
- Appropriate clothes, food, etc
I have rope, pickets, one pulley and one ice screw.
Interested? Email Jes Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 people max. You must be an ACC member to come on this trip. (Info on joining)