Date: Jul 14, 2019
Time: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Happy (belated) Pride! This is a trip for queer, trans and/or Two-Spirit folks. Queer folks are welcome to invite along a friend, family member or partner. (Learn more about our trips for specific groups.)
Description of hike: We are heading to Grassy Lake in the Sooke Hills. The hike to the lake is about 5km along a consistently uphill trail. The path is occasionally very steep and there is sometimes uneven rocky ground. We will take breaks every 45 minutes or so and stay together as a group.
We will relax at the lake for a bit and have lunch. Folx are welcome to swim if they like.
We will then head back down the same way for a total distance of 10km.
Time: We will meet at the Sooke Potholes at 10:00 am. (Specific location will be provided to those who RSVSP.) We will probably be out for about 6 hours. Please do not make dinner plans in town.
Things to bring with you:
- Sturdy shoes
- Clothes for swimming. You are welcome to wear whatever attire you like. (There may be other people around in addition to our group, but it is not usually a crowded area.)
- Small towel. You probably don’t want to bring a full-sized beach towel. Be a bit creative if you don’t own a quick dry camping towel. A bandana? Extra shirt?
- Any of the 10 essentials you have for emergencies such as spare warm clothes, a small flashlight, small first aid kit.
- Please do NOT bring alcohol or drugs on this trip.
Dogs are welcome if they are not at all aggressive towards people or other dogs. Please only consider bringing your dog if you are very familiar with their behaviour and can keep them under control at all times.
New here? You are welcome to come on two day trips with the Alpine Club of Canada before joining the club.
Want to come? Email Jes Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org the following info:
- How many people are in your group? (Are any under 19?)
- Carpooling info: How many people (if any) can you provide rides for? What area do you live in?
- Are you bringing a (very well-behaved) dog?