Date: Jan 27, 2018
Time: All Day
- Scott Collins. If interested contact email@example.com. Tel: 250-743-4472 (SC) for details.
Here is the trip plan:
- Ski tour to depart from the side door of the VIMC at 9:30 a.m. We should be back in ample time for appies, and dinner before the AGM.
- Expect to be touring over a distance of about 10-12 km with a total elevation gain of ca. 600 m. For comparison, the trip to Mt Elma is of similar (return) distance but with a lower total elevation gain of 400 m, while the standard route up/down Mt Becher is marginally shorter but with about 750 m elevation gain.
- Participants are advised to purchase a snowshoe pass ($10) to initially access the snowshoe trails in this area..
- During this tour we may be briefly exposed to overhead avalanche hazard, or could be skiing through wind-loaded, cut-blocks or other open areas. Your trip leader will be minimizing exposure of the group to avalanche terrain, depending on the hazards on the day in question. Please respect his decisions and if necessary follow his instructions.
- The trip leader encourages all participants to carry gear for self-rescue with the knowledge to use it. Even tree wells pose a hazard in a typical early season snow pack. Digital transceivers, probes and shovels are available for rent from either Mike Hubbard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tim Turay (Turay@nic.bc.ca).
Limit 10 participants