Date: Aug 20, 2021 to Aug 22, 2021
Time: All Day
Start or upgrade your outdoor rock climbing journey! The ACCVI Introduction to Rock course will go over the basics of outdoor climbing and anchors. It will provide you with the knowledge to safely and effectively have an awesome day at the crag. This is a 3 day event, 1 day of Island Alpine Guides-led instruction followed by 2 days of ACC-led workshop to practice skills. Prior to the course there will be a compulsory ACC-led evening session to cover gear, knots, basic physics, and logistics for the workshop.
- Basic crag safety
- Gear checks (ropes, harnesses, etc)
- Rappelling with Back-up
- Use of Munter Hitch to belay & rappel
- TR Anchors: Sliding X w/ extension limiters, equalized anchor w/ figure eight or overhand
- Cleaning Anchors (removing anchor and establishing rappel)
Rentals are available for harness, helmet, and shoes.
- Belay Device & Locking Carabiner
- Personal Anchor & Locking Carabiner
- Rappel Back-up (ie prussik cord) & Locking Carabiner
(A complete gear list will be provided upon registration)
The 2021 Intro to Rock will be held at Nanaimo River Crags.
We will be tenting at Mountainaire Campsite in Nanaimo. It will be up to participants to provide food and camping gear. (e.g., tents, sleeping gear, and eating\cooking equipment). I may be able to access some items that participants could borrow).
$225 (includes camping fees) is payable in full upon registration.