Fly up close to magnificent Meditation Mountain in the Coast Mountains, located at 50° 11.228’N; 122° 19.101’W. (As usual, the exact location of base camp will be determined when the first group flies in.)
This area offers incredible alpine terrain for climbers, scramblers, and hikers with ridge
- Week 1: July 14-21 Regular summer camp, Max: 15
- Week 2: July 21-28 Regular summer camp, Max: 15
- Week 3: July 28-Aug 4 Family Week, Max: 20 (see below for more details)
- Week 4: Aug 4–11 Regular summer camp, Max: 15 (this week will depend on demand)
There will be two regular weeks of summer camp, open to all ACC-VI members: a week in the alpine, great companions, great food, great climbing and hiking.
Again this year we’re designating the third week for families (no non-family units in Week 3 please). This is for any inter-generational combination: parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle with youth, minimum age 10 years.
A fourth ‘regular’ week will be added depending on demand.
(Please note: members with Vancouver Island and adjacent islands home addresses and postal codes are prioritized at this time – see Guidance document).
Regular summer camp: $600 per person
Family units should pay for adults in full at the time of registration, and submit an application if you wish to apply for a bursary for youth members. The deadline for bursary applications is April 15th. We will confirm the bursary amount when we know the number of applicants, and ask for the balance of payment for youth by April 30th.
Registration and payment
- Please note: Initial registration is limited to ACCVI-affiliated members with Vancouver Island and adjacent islands home addresses and postal codes.
- Please refer to the Summer Camp General Information Guide 2019 for more details on reservation and refund policies.
- For registration, please use the registration form and if at all possible scan it and email it, along with your e-transfer, to email@example.com. If you cannot scan and email the registration form please mail it to Jeff Beddoes at the address below.
- For payment, we prefer e-transfer: please send your e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org The online question is: What is the name of the summer camp? The answer is Meditation.
- If you need to send a cheque, please make it out to Alpine Club of Canada- Vancouver Island Section, and send
to:Jeff Beddoes, 4078C Cedar Hill Road, Victoria, BC V8N 3C3