Date: Oct 25, 2018
Time: 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
CALLING ALL ACCVI PHOTOGRAPHERS!!
Annual ACCVI Photo Competition: Thursday, October 25, 2018 at Swan Lake Nature House from 7:30 to 9:30 PM
(Doors open at 7 PM)
If you are an ACCVI member please send your photos (maximum of 3 per member) to: Brian Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your chance to win a Funky and Coveted ACCVI trophy
DEADLINE FOR PHOTO SUBMISSION IS 8 PM, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23TH (see details below for how to submit an entry)
Please try not to leave your submissions to the last day, as it makes a lot of work for Brian!!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
• Limit of three photos per member to be submitted
• Photos that do not fit category guidelines will not be entered into the competition
• All submitted pictures must have been taken in a mountain setting within the last year
• Please read to the bottom of this message. If photos are not submitted correctly and on time, they may not make it into the competition
• VI – Vancouver Island Mountains (with or without people)
• AS – Summer Mountain Activity (people active in the mountains – summer)
• AW – Winter Mountain Activity (people active in the mountains – winter)
• MS – Mountain Scenery (no people)
• NA – Nature: flowers, trees, plants, animals, birds, etc. taken in the mountains
• HU – Humour: use your imagination!
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY:
Email your digital images to Brian Parsons (email@example.com) by 8 PM on Tuesday, October 23, 2018. No entries will be accepted after this deadline.
Brian will try to confirm receipt of all photos by return email. If you do not get confirmation within 48 hours, it is possible that your email has gone astray or Brian is busy with his paid job, so please resend or be patient as it might take another day or two!
FILE NAMING – THIS IS IMPORTANT!
For example, Phee Hudson’s entry in Mountain Scenery (MS) would be labelled:
MS-PheeHudson-Arrowsmith at dawn
Please no commas, @, * and especially no periods in the file name.
For instance, Mt. Cain should be “MtCain” or “Mt_Cain”
Be aware that some email programs shrink photos when sending them, so the quality is much reduced. Send a test file to yourself to make sure you are getting the full size. To display effectively in the competition each image file should within these 2 ranges:
Between 1280 x 1024 and 2048 x 1536 (4:3 ratio)
Between 1920 x 1080 and 2048 x 1152 (16:9 ratio)